Running from the southern end of the Iron Bridge parallel to the Severn, apart from a couple of houses near the Iron Bridge, Ladywood consists mainly of woodland. The trees, however, hide the scars of many centuries of mining for coal, ironstone and clay from the 15th century until the 1940's
At the southern end of the Ironbridge is the Station Hotel
taking its name from the former Ironbridge & Broseley station which is now a car park
for the Iron Bridge.