Bower Yard comprises a small cluster of houses alongside the river Severn running west from the Iron Bridge. It is now considered to be part of Ironbridge within Telford. Although that may be true administratively it is only recently that Telford acquired this part of Benthall.
The area is quiet now however it was here than many of the Severn Trows (or barges) were built or repaired, alongside the river. Lime quarried on Benthall Edge was brought here to be burned and loaded onto the Trows and bricks were made until the 1903's
Bower Yard looking east, with the Iron Bridge in the distance.